About This Course
Cloudera University’s Data Analyst Training course will teach you to apply traditional data analytics and business intelligence skills to big data. This course presents the tools data professionals need to access, manipulate, transform, and analyze complex data sets using SQL and familiar scripting languages.
Apache Hive makes transformation and analysis of complex, multi-structured data scalable in Cloudera environments. Apache Impala enables real-time interactive analysis of the data stored in Hadoop using a native SQL environment. Together, they make multi-structured data accessible to analysts, database administrators, and others without Java programming expertise.
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this course on its own, or as part of our Full Library subscription.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes 7 hours of video content, plus 2 hours of exercise review. Hands-on exercises will take approximately 10.5 hours. Students who have purchased this course on its own are allowed up to 20 hours of lab time. (Subscribers to the Cloudera OnDemand Full Library are given 100 hours of lab time to use across all courses.)
Through videos and hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the ecosystem, learning:
- How the open source ecosystem of big data tools addresses challenges not met by traditional RDBMSs
- How to use Apache Hive and Apache Impala to provide SQL access to data
- Hive and Impala syntax and data formats, including functions and subqueries
- How to create, modify, and delete tables, views, and databases; load data; and store results of queries
- How to create and use partitions and different file formats
- How to combine two or more datasets using JOIN or UNION, as appropriate
- What analytic and windowing functions are, and how to use them
- How to store and query complex or nested data structures
- How to process and analyze semi-structured and unstructured data
- Techniques for optimizing Hive and Impala queries
- How to extending the capabilities of Hive and Impala using parameters, custom file formats and SerDes, and external scripts
- How to determine whether Hive, Impala, an RDBMS, or a mix of these is best for a given task
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is designed for data analysts, business intelligence specialists, developers, system architects, and database administrators. Some knowledge of SQL is assumed, as is basic Linux command-line familiarity. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the CCA Data Analyst exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.