About This Course
This course delivers the key concepts and expertise developers need to use Apache Spark to develop high-performance parallel applications. Participants will learn how to use Spark SQL to query structured data and Spark Streaming to perform real-time processing on streaming data from a variety of sources. Developers will also practice writing applications that use core Spark to perform ETL processing and iterative algorithms. The course covers how to work with “big data” stored in a distributed file system, and execute Spark applications on a Hadoop cluster. After taking this course, participants will be prepared to face real-world challenges and build applications to execute faster decisions, better decisions, and interactive analysis, applied to a wide variety of use cases, architectures, and industries.
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this course on its own, or as part of our Full Library subscription.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes over 5 hours of video content. Students who have purchased this course on its own are allowed up to 20 hours of lab time. (Subscribers to the full Cloudera OnDemand library are given 100 hours of lab time across all courses.)
Through videos and hands-on exercises, students will learn:
- How the Apache Hadoop ecosystem fits in with the data processing lifecycle
- How data is distributed, stored, and processed in a Hadoop cluster
- How to write, configure, and deploy Apache Spark applications on a Hadoop cluster
- How to use the Spark shell and Spark applications to explore, process, and analyze distributed data
- How to query data using Spark SQL, DataFrames, and Datasets
- How to use Spark Streaming to process a live data stream
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is designed for developers and engineers who have programming experience, but prior knowledge of Spark and Hadoop is not required. Apache Spark examples and hands-on exercises are presented in Scala and Python. The ability to program in one of those languages is required. Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is assumed. Basic knowledge of SQL is helpful.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.