About This Course
This course is an introduction to CDP Data Visualization, a fully integrated visualization layer across CDP experiences and form factors. DataViz is built for business users to provide an easy-access, out of the box, self-service ability to quickly draw insights and take action from fast moving and vast historic data sets. Through recorded demonstrations and instructional information the course guides you through the complete workflow of using CDP DataViz, from connecting to data to sharing interactive applications with a wider audience.
This course includes hands-on exercises, but an exercise environment is not provided. You must have your own access to CDP (Public Cloud, Private Cloud, or the on-premises Private Cloud Base) to complete the exercises.
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this module on its own, or as part of our Full Library subscription.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes 1 hour, 40 minutes of video content, plus approximately 1.5 hours of exercises.
Through detailed and easy-to-consume explanations and demos, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the primary capabilities and suitable applications of Data Viz
- Install and access Data Viz from CDW, CML, and CDSW
- Identify basic terminology and the hierarchy of concepts and components
- Connect to existing data sources and import data
- Create completely custom, interactive visualizations and applications
- Share visualizations with a wider audience
Audience and Prerequisites
This module is designed for business analysts, data analysts, data scientists, line-of-business users, and other data enthusiasts. The proposed course will have no formal prerequisites, but it is assumed learners have a basic familiarity with tabular data and related concepts. Learners will benefit from having some experience with SQL. To follow along with the demonstrations and to complete the suggested exercises, the learner must have access to a CDP environment equipped to run CDP Data Visualization in either of its form factors (inside CDW or inside CML) or access to a CDSW instance in which they can run CDP Data Visualization.