About This Course
Cloudera University’s administrator training course for Apache Hadoop provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of all the steps necessary to operate and maintain a Hadoop cluster using Cloudera Manager. From installation and configuration through load balancing and tuning, Cloudera’s training course is the best preparation for the real-world challenges faced by Hadoop administrators.
Blended Learning Edition
Note that this is the blended learning edition of the course. Blended learning courses are run over six weeks and include weekly online review sessions with a Cloudera instructor.
You must complete the course before the course end date. After the blended learning course is over, you will no longer have access to the course materials.
Payment and Registration
Click here to purchase this course (link will open in a new tab).
This course includes:
- Over 4 hours of video content
- Weekly 3-hour live review sessions with an instructor
- Up to 20 hours of lab time
Through videos and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- Cloudera Manager features that make managing your clusters easier, such as aggregated logging, configuration management, resource management, reports, alerts, and service management
- The internals of YARN, MapReduce, Spark, and HDFS
- Determining the correct hardware and infrastructure for your cluster
- Proper cluster configuration and deployment to integrate with the data center
- How to load data into the cluster from dynamically-generated files using Flume and from RDBMS using Sqoop
- Configuring the FairScheduler to provide service-level agreements for multiple users of a cluster
- Best practices for preparing and maintaining Apache Hadoop in production
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, tuning, and solving Hadoop issues
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is best suited to systems administrators and IT managers who have basic Linux experience. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH) exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.