About This Course
Cloudera University’s four-day data analyst training course will teach you to apply traditional data analytics and business intelligence skills to big data tools like Apache Impala, Apache Hive, and Apache Pig. Cloudera presents the tools data professionals need to access, manipulate, transform, and analyze complex data sets using SQL and familiar scripting languages.
Students will have the chance to learn and work with modern tools, such as:
- Apache Impala, which enables instant interactive analysis of the data stored in Apache Hadoop via a native SQL environment
- Apache Hive, which provides a SQL-like query language with HiveQL that makes data accessible to analysts, database administrators, and others without Java programming expertise
- Apache Pig, which applies the fundamentals of familiar scripting languages to the Hadoop cluster
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this course on its own, or as part of our Full Library subscription.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes over 6.5 hours of video content. Students who have purchased this course on its own are allowed up to 20 hours of lab time. (Subscribers to the full OnDemand library are given 100 hours of lab time to use across all courses.)
Through videos and hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning how to:
- Acquire, store, and analyze data using features in Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Perform fundamental ETL (extract, transform, and load) tasks with Hadoop tools
- Use Pig, Hive, and Impala to improve productivity for typical analysis task
- Join diverse datasets to gain valuable business insight
- Perform interactive, complex queries on datasets
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is designed for data analysts, business intelligence specialists, developers, system architects, and database administrators. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required. Knowledge of SQL is assumed. Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is expected. Knowledge of a scripting language (such as Bash scripting, Perl, Python, or Ruby) is helpful but not essential.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the CCA Data Analyst exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.