About This Course
Cloudera University’s four-day data analyst training course will teach you to apply traditional data analytics and business intelligence skills to big data tools like Apache Impala, Apache Hive, and Apache Pig. Cloudera presents the tools data professionals need to access, manipulate, transform, and analyze complex data sets using SQL and familiar scripting languages.
Students will have the chance to learn and work with modern tools, such as:
- Apache Impala, which enables instant interactive analysis of the data stored in Apache Hadoop via a native SQL environment
- Apache Hive, which provides a SQL-like query language with HiveQL that makes data accessible to analysts, database administrators, and others without Java programming expertise
- Apache Pig, which applies the fundamentals of familiar scripting languages to the Hadoop cluster
Blended Learning Edition
Note that this is the blended learning edition of the course. Blended learning courses are run over six weeks and include weekly online review sessions with a Cloudera instructor.
You must complete the course before the course end date. After the blended learning course is over, you will no longer have access to the course materials.
Payment and Registration
Click here to purchase this course (link will open in a new tab).
This course includes:
- Over 6.5 hours of video content
- Weekly 3-hour live review sessions with an instructor
- Up to 20 hours of lab time
Through videos and hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning how to:
- Acquire, store, and analyze data using features in Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Perform fundamental ETL (extract, transform, and load) tasks with Hadoop tools
- Use Pig, Hive, and Impala to improve productivity for typical analysis task
- Join diverse datasets to gain valuable business insight
- Perform interactive, complex queries on datasets
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is designed for data analysts, business intelligence specialists, developers, system architects, and database administrators. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required. Knowledge of SQL is assumed. Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is expected. Knowledge of a scripting language (such as Bash scripting, Perl, Python, or Ruby) is helpful but not essential.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the CCA Data Analyst exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.