About This Course
This hands-on training course delivers the key concepts and expertise developers need to develop high-performance parallel applications with Apache Spark 2. Participants will learn how to use Spark SQL to query structured data and Spark Streaming to perform real-time processing on streaming data from a variety of sources. Developers will also practice writing applications that use core Spark to perform ETL processing and iterative algorithms. The course covers how to work with large datasets stored in a distributed file system, and execute Spark applications on a Hadoop cluster. After taking this course, participants will be prepared to face real-world challenges and build applications to execute faster decisions, better decisions, and interactive analysis, applied to a wide variety of use cases, architectures, and industries.
With this course update, we streamlined the agenda to help you quickly become productive with the most important technologies, including Spark 2.
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this course on its own, or as part of our Full Library subscription.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes 8.5 hours of video content. Students who have purchased this course on its own are allowed up to 20 hours of lab time. (Subscribers to the full OnDemand library are given 100 hours of lab time across all courses.)
Through videos and hands-on exercises, students will learn how to:
- Distribute, store, and process data in a Hadoop cluster
- Write, configure, and deploy Spark applications on a cluster
- Use the Spark shell for interactive data analysis
- Process and query structured data using Spark SQL
- Use Spark Streaming to process a live data stream
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is designed for developers and engineers who have programming experience, but prior knowledge of Hadoop and/or Spark is not required.
- Apache Spark examples and hands-on exercises are presented in Scala and Python; the ability to program in one of those languages is required
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is assumed
- Basic knowledge of SQL is helpful
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer exam. Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.