Developer for Spark and Hadoop
This hands-on training course delivers the key concepts and expertise participants need to ingest and process data on a Hadoop cluster using the most up-to-date tools and techniques.
About This Course
This hands-on training course delivers the key concepts and expertise participants need to ingest and process data on a Hadoop cluster using the most up-to-date tools and techniques. Employing Hadoop ecosystem projects such as Spark (including Spark Streaming and Spark SQL), Flume, Kafka, and Sqoop, this training course is the best preparation for the real-world challenges faced by Hadoop developers. With Spark, developers can write sophisticated parallel applications to execute faster decisions, better decisions, and interactive actions, applied to a wide variety of use cases, architectures, and industries.
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this course on its own, or as part of one of our bundled library subscriptions.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the Developer OnDemand library
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes 5 hours of video content. Students who have purchased this course on its own are allowed up to 20 hours of lab time. (Subscribers to the full OnDemand library are given 100 hours of lab time across all courses.)
Through videos and hands-on exercises, students will learn how to:
- Distribute, store, and process data in a Hadoop cluster
- Write, configure, and deploy Apache Spark applications on a Hadoop cluster
- Use the Spark shell for interactive data analysis
- Process and query structured data using Spark SQL
- Use Spark Streaming to process a live data stream
- Use Flume and Kafka to ingest data for Spark Streaming
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is designed for developers and engineers who have programming experience, but prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required.
- Apache Spark examples and hands-on exercises are presented in Scala and Python; the ability to program in one of those languages is required
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is assumed
- Basic knowledge of SQL is helpful
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer exam.