About This Course
Cloudera University’s training course for Apache HBase enables participants to store and access massive quantities of multi-structured data and perform hundreds of thousands of operations per second.
Apache HBase is a distributed, scalable, NoSQL database built on Apache Hadoop. HBase can store data in massive tables consisting of billions of rows and millions of columns, serve data to many users and applications in real time, and provide fast, random read/write access to users and applications.
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this course on its own, or as part of our Full Library subscription.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes 6.5 hours of video content. Students who have purchased this course on its own are allowed up to 15 hours of lab time. (Subscribers to the full OnDemand library are given 100 hours of lab time across all courses.)
Through videos and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The use cases and usage occasions for HBase, Hadoop, and RDBMS
- Using the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- Designing optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API to insert and retrieve data in real time
- Best practices for identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is appropriate for developers and administrators who intend to use HBase. Prior experience with databases and data modeling is helpful, but not required. Knowledge of Java is assumed. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required, but Cloudera Developer for Apache Spark and Hadoop provides an excellent foundation for this course.