About This Course
This course will teach you the key language concepts and programming techniques you need so that you can concentrate on the subjects covered in Cloudera's developer courses without also having to learn a complex programming language and a new programming paradigm on the fly.
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this course on its own, or as part of our Full Library subscription.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes 2.5 hours of video content. Students who have purchased this course on its own are allowed up to 5 hours of exercise time. (Subscribers to the full OnDemand library are given 100 hours of exercise time across all courses.)
Through videos and hands-on exercises, participants will learn the basics of using Python, including:
- Getting set up to work with Python
- Running Python scripts
- Working with variables
- Controlling program flow
- Using functions and modules
- Working with data structures
- Reading and writing files
- Installing and using Python libraries
Audience and Prerequisites
This course does not teach Big Data concepts, nor does it cover how to use Cloudera software. Instead, it is meant as a precursor for one of our developer-focused training courses, which provide those skills.