About This Course
This course introduces experienced system administrators to some of the tools and techniques that Cloudera's Solution Architects use to protect the clusters that our customers rely on for essential business operations.
Payment and Registration
You can purchase this course on its own, or as part of our Full Library subscription.
- Purchase this course alone
- Purchase the full OnDemand library (includes courses for developers, administrators, and data analysts)
This course includes 9 hours of video content.
Through narrated demonstrations, learners will be able to:
- Describe security in the context of Hadoop
- Assess threats to a production Hadoop cluster
- Plan and deploy defenses against these threats
- Improve the security of each node in the cluster
- Set up authentication with Kerberos and Active Directory
- Use permissions and ACLs to control access to files in HDFS
- Authorize users for access to data in Hive, Impala, and Cloudera Search using Apache Sentry
- Perform common key management tasks
- Use encryption to protect data in motion and at rest
- Monitor a cluster for suspicious activity
Audience and Prerequisites
The course is intended for system administrators and those in similar roles. Prospective students should have a good understanding of Hadoop's architecture, the ability to perform system administration tasks in the Linux environment, and at least basic exposure to Cloudera Manager. We recommend that students complete the Cloudera Administrator Training for Apache Hadoop course, or have equivalent on-the-job experience, before beginning this course. No prior training or experience with computer security is required.